Well, it can be an unsettling situation when the therapists move their practice to Digital platform and provide consultation on online therapy. While it can be a big adjustment, online therapy can be an amazing and worthwhile support system — particularly in a time of crisis.
Here are 7 tips as you make your transition to teletherapy.
- Carve out a safe space and intentional time for therapy
- Expect some awkwardness at first
- Be flexible with the format of your therapy
- Lean into the unique parts of telemedicine
- In the absence of bodily cues, practice naming your emotions more explicitly
- Be willing to name what you need – even if it seems ‘silly’
- Don’t be afraid to give your therapist feedback
Read more about this article on https://www.healthline.com/health/mental-health/7-essential-tips-for-making-the-most-of-online-therapy-during-covid-19