We have put together a list of places in India that you should experience. Places that your friends have enthused about, places you have dreamed about, places that will surely leave you amazed and surprised.
- Jaisalmer – Known as the “Golden City”, it is famous for its Jain temples and the sprawling Jaisalmer Fort.
- Taj Mahal, Agra – An immense mausoleum of white marble, it is the jewel of Muslim art in India.
- Dashashwamedh Ghat – Varanasi’s liveliest and most colourful ghat.
- Meenakshi Amman Temple, Madurai – A living place of worship, with mingling priests and throngs of pilgrims.
- Old Delhi – The motorcycle chaos, the barrage of noise, the searing aromas and the in-your- face colours.
- Golden Temple, Amritsar – It is famous for architectural beauty and charm
- Fatehpur Sikri, Agra – A unique blend of architectural excellence, as well as religious beliefs
- Thiksey Monastery, Ladakh – It is an imposing religious edifice, known as one of the most spectacular Buddhist shrines of Ladakh
Read more: www.lonelyplanet.in